Do you want to get solar panels for your home, but aren’t sure how much they will cost you? Well, you’ve come to the right place. This article will help you determine the average solar installation costs.
How to Determine Solar Panel Installation Costs
- There are several different factors that can affect solar installation costs. Some of the most important ones are:
The average utility costs and your house, as well as the average energy consumption
- The amount of sun your roof gets, which determines its solar potential
- Solar panel system costs in your city/town
- Local rebates and incentives you could potentially receive
- The average demand and labor costs in your area.
The good news is that experts from the Department of Energy expect solar installation costs to be lower because of their popularity. They estimate that about one million if not more homes will have solar panels installed in the next few years.
In fact, solar costs have dramatically dropped in the last couple of decades. The Chinese government mainly influenced this change by using low-cost financing. As a result, it managed to increase solar panel manufacturing by over tenfold.
For that reason, the average costs of solar installations are only going to go down.
Additional Solar Panel Costs
- There are a few additional things you need to take into account, as these factors are going to add to your total solar installation cost. Only this way will you get the most accurate price estimate. Some of those factors are:
Labor costs — Local labor costs for the panel installation can vary depending on the area you live in.
- Installation of solar mounts — This refers to the racks that hold the actual solar panels. They can affect the cost too, and they come in several different varieties.
- Installation of solar inverters — You will also have to take solar inverters into account. The technicians will most likely need to set them up to transform direct current power from the panels into alternating current. That is how you convert solar power into electricity that you can use in your home.
- Other costs: You may expect to receive some additional costs such as local permit and inspection fees, as well as solar panel taxes.
Finding a Reliable Solar Installation Company
Now all that is left to do is find a good solar installation company. You need to look for people with experience and expertise who know how to handle any situation. You want a reliable company that is going to deliver high-quality work at an affordable price.
For instance, Atlantic Key Energy, being one of the best solar installation companies, can offer exactly that. With a 25-year warranty, a team of highly-trained professionals, and great customer experience, Atlantic Key Energy has just the thing you are looking for.
Now that you know all there is to know about solar installation costs, you can start working on your solar panel installation plan. Just make sure you consult professionals before getting any work done.